Fall is upon us in Charlotte, and as the weather begins to change, so does the indoor and outdoor décor of our spaces. Now is the ideal time to begin thinking about how to “fall-ify” your home entryway and include some creative fall accents for your replacement doors to reflect the ambiance of the season. Doors are typically the focal point of a home—they offer curb appeal and can make a large impact on one’s first impression of a house. Here are a few things to consider when choosing your new fall door décor:
- Creating levels in your entryway – Height is your friend when it comes to drawing eyes to the doorway. There are several ways to create levels, including incorporating decorative grasses, hung lights or basket plants, or galvanized buckets to stage pumpkins or other creative fall decorations.
- Embrace color – Fall provides a brilliant color palette every year, so your front entryway should complement it. Gourds and pumpkins continually provide a wonderful pop of color, as well as color-changing leaves and apples. Warm colors are the best selection for the fall palette.
- More than corn stalks and wreaths – There are typically staple fall decorations that are used each year, but creativity in on-trend items can make your entryway look unique and stylish. Some of the popular door hangers this year include:
- Wood – try a wooden sign with a fun fall message to offer an inviting atmosphere to your entryway
- Pinecones – string a bunch together and paint them in warm hues for an added pop of color
- Burlap sack – instead of heaping fall flowers into a basket, fill a burlap bag with flowers and pumpkins and hang it on your door for the perfect fall charm
- Scarecrow – turn an old straw hat into a charming scarecrow to greet guests when they come at your door
Use your replacement door as a canvas for fall creativity during this change of seasons and wow your neighbors with lively and fun curb appeal. If you have any questions about making the most of your entryway fall décor or if you think your decorating might include investing in a new replacement door this fall, give our team at Pella Windows and Doors in Charlotte a call at 704-228-9149 or schedule an appointment with us using our online scheduler. It’s always a great time for a new front door and a new look!