Cooler temps are heading our way in Charlotte and when the temperature gets colder, the energy costs can often increase. There are a lot of things that you can do to get ready for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can aid your home comfort this winter, and Pella Windows and Doors is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
What is so noteworthy about storm door installation? While storm doors are beneficial all year long, here are some of the benefits that storm doors provide during Charlotte winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are one added layer between the outdoors and your indoor comfort. Their glass covering option lowers energy loss and can help save you some money on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors offer an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also gives another barrier for burglars or other unwanted guests.
Storm door installation is a good way to prepare your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are other ideas to save some money throughout your home as the colder weather arrives:
- Check weather stripping. If your weather stripping isn’t secure, cold air can find its way in and affect your home comfort. If you have issues when reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping surrounding the doors and windows, give our Pella of Charlotte team a call and receive the help you need.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can accumulate in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Take a dry paintbrush and brush out these areas to make a tighter seal and better the performance of your windows and doors.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, like deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could let cold air to sneak into your home. Chat with a professional to solve these issues before the winter hits Charlotte.
If you have any more questions about winterizing your home, or about storm door installation this winter, give the team at Pella Windows and Doors in Charlotte a call at 704-228-9149 or check out our showroom to chat face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the colder season.