Whether it’s your front door, your patio door, or even a back door; doors play a significant role in the first impression that guests have when coming into your Charlotte home. When you determine it’s time to replace your doors, it usually means you are prepared to increase your home’s curb appeal or that you are just eager for a change in home mood. Either way, replacement doors are a big change and call for a few things to bear in mind. Lucky for you, the experts at Pella Windows and Doors have a few things to consider before you decide on the final new door style:
- Style with decorative hardware. Finalize the style of your doorway with decorative hardware on your door, such as door hinges, bells, and knobs.
- Add a splash of color. Speaking of curb appeal, why not emphasize your door with a pop of color? Colors that complement your current paint scheme are great and consistent, but colors that provide conflict to your scheme can make your home look one of a kind!
- Experiment with lighting. People often misjudge the use of lighting in an entryway. Whether you’re illuminating specific features, landscaping, or the door itself, good lighting can bring a complete look together and feel warm and inviting to house guests.
- Enhance with plants. The function of greenery near a doorway can also make an excellent first impression. Plants can shift attention to particular door details and distract attention away from other unpleasant features of a doorway.
- Try new accent features. There are many added features that can enhance a door, such as sidelights, decorative glass, small windows and more. With the correct accents, your door and home can receive a major makeover.
Greet guests into your home with an inviting doorway and make a lasting first impression. Drop by the Pella Windows and Doors showroom in Charlotte, give them a call at 704-228-9149 or plan an appointment online to discuss all the selections for getting replacement doors to improve the look of your home.